Friday, June 25, 2010

Treat others as you'd like to be treated!

I've been thinking about this concept for a while now. You always hear that you should treat others as they treat you, but I say, "Treat others as you'd like to be treated." I truly believe in the saying, “What goes around comes around.”

Bob

I dated a guy, let’s called him Bob, about six months before I met my husband. It was a whirlwind of four weeks with him. Within two weeks of dating, he confessed that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of time with me. Two weeks later, he decided that he no longer felt anything for me and proceeded break up with me while I was battling a horrendous flu. The timing of his break-up wasn’t perfect but it was what it was. In hindsight, I think he just didn’t want to spend the holidays alone because his proposal coincided with the week of Christmas. Hmmm, maybe it was all timed on his part. Anyway, about four months later, I met the man of my dreams who I am still very happily married to today. By the following Christmas, I was head over heels in love.

Karma

I ran into Bob one afternoon around Christmastime at Starbucks. Bob looked awful; he had to use a walking stick to get around due to a slipped disk in his back and his girlfriend had just dumped him after confessing to him that she loved him. These were Bob’s exact words to me, “What kind of a person breaks up with someone after saying they loved them and wanted to marry them?” I didn’t say to Bob, “You do” because I honestly felt so bad for him, but his friends kindly pointed that out to him. Bob’s friends were my friends too and they told me that he was totally perplexed as to why his girlfriend would have done that to him. I didn’t totally understand the concept of “karma” back then but I do now.

Someone is keeping score, I swear it!

I wonder if God has a record-keeper somewhere whose job is to keep the Universe in balance. And because I wonder about that, I never cheat on line calls in tennis, I always return the cart at the grocery store and I certainly never fib to my mother.

Seriously

The Universe is completely balanced at all times: there’s night and day, summer and winter, leaves growing and falling, etc. I wonder if our actions, and therefore, their equal and opposite reactions must be balanced too. I also wonder if karma gets carried from one lifetime to the next. At the Abraham-Hicks conference this past weekend, they said no. They said that the death experience brings all experiences to a close. I don’t know if I’m fully convinced of that thought yet. I don’t do good because I’m afraid of karma, I do good because that’s what I want to attract into my life. Your thoughts create your experiences. Allow your thoughts and actions to bring the best into your life. You think awesome and be awesome to attract awesome, you think joy and be joy to attract joy, etc.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post. You may leave a comment below, email me to mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook by becoming a fan of marysalfi.com

Always treating people the way I’d like to be treated!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment