Monday, January 6, 2014

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I just realized that it's been years since I wrote a post. I had said that I would start a long time ago but here I am, yet another resolution that didn't find it's way to fruition. It's time to let myself off the hook and just say that I will do what I can when I can. I am on a cleanse today so that should count for something as far as resolutions go, shouldn't it?

A life changing book 

I recently read a great book that I highly recommend called "The Game of Life and How to Play it" by Florence Shinn. I was at a bookstore picking up a book for a friend when the lady said, "This book is a life changer". Of course I had to buy it at that point. She was right. I read it twice all the way through. It's on my Kindle so I constantly go to a part that I have highlighted to reread the nuggets of wisdom in it. 

It really is a book about the Law of Attraction and I love anything to do with the Law of Attraction. I think it's because it is so empowering. This idea puts you in the driver seat of your life. What a great place to be. 

Law of Attraction

The Law of Attraction states that we manifest everything in our lives. We may think that our thoughts are perfect but truly when we spend time in a meditative state, our truth is revealed. 
Meditation is key to everything. It is the ability to connect with that higher power that is here to serve. 

I have been meditating quite a bit lately and through that I have realized a lot of the unnecessary chatter that is within me. My chatter is usually in the in the form of fear and/or worry. I have started to say things like, "let go and let God come and take the place of that fear and worry". 

Practice, practice and then practice some more!

I thought about myself a few years back when I was a lot more confident about everything and had to understand why. I was meditating on a daily basis and I was practicing being in that state of gratitude and manifestation.

I have started this week on a great cleanse to purge all the excesses of the holiday season. My intention is to purge all the chatter too. It is time for it to go. I am going to do that by practicing controlling my thoughts. Want to join me on my journey? I would love to hear from you!

You may leave a comment below, email me to mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook by becoming a fan of marysalfi.com




No comments:

Post a Comment