Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I was told to focus

If you are a Facebook friend of mine, you'll realize that I have been posting a lot about GMO labeling, internet neutrality, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and more. 

I have been thinking a lot about the health and safety of human beings and the Earth. When I say a lot, I mean a lot! I go to sleep thinking and meditating on how to make it better. I'd like our food to be safe, our water to be clean, the internet to remain accessible to all and more. 

I have started to write about all these issues on this blog and that seems contradictory to what is was meant to do.

Earth Aware

I woke up the other morning declaring to my husband that I needed to start a Facebook page that brought all these issue to light. He agreed and upon brainstorming together we came up with "Earth Aware". 

Earth Aware is a Facebook page where I will post petitions, articles and information in general about all that I think is good for us to be aware of. 

My desire for that page is for it to reach 1 Million subscribers! I know it's ambitious but I'd like to think big. I believe in the power of intention. If I believe it then it will come to fruition. I am going to meditate on a million subscribers until I get that!

Focus!

My husband's exact words were, "You are scattered right now. One day you're blogging about Spirit Guides, then next about politicians and then about GMOs". I thought I needed to separate the spiritual versus the practical world but in reality, they go hand in hand. 

It is our duty as human beings to care for the Earth. When we know who are Spirit Guides are we can ask them for help in saving the bees. We can ask them to guide us as to what to do next in order to get GMOs labeled. That is their job, to help us with all that is troubling us. 

It might not be as spiritual to write about food and water safety but it is a necessity.

Lightworkers

The term lightworker is used for people who are trying to transform human consciousness and raise awareness. They are people who bring in the light so to speak. 

This is definitely a time in our evolution as humans to shed light on a lot of issues that are not necessarily in the best interest of our fellow man or the planet. 

Marianne Williamson running for Congress is a perfect example of a lightworker expanding her work into areas that are not considered spiritual. 

These words by Marianne Williamson describe it perfectly, "I do not think of this move as a career change. Rather, I feel I’m further expanding my work by taking the transformational principles to which I have dedicated myself for the last thirty years into another area where they are sorely needed. While a new paradigm, holistic, relational perspective now saturates many areas of our society — from education to business to medicine to spirituality — our politics seem to be outside its reach".

It is time!

It's just time for all of us to realize that we can and should make a difference. No one is too busy to realize that our food standards are decreasing or that the bees are dying. All these issues ultimately affect our health and the legacy we hand to our children. Let's ensure that their's is a safe and manageable world. 

I'd love to hear from you. You may leave a comment below, email me to mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook by becoming a fan of marysalfi.com. Finally please go to Earth Aware and sign some petitions. 

Together we can do this!
Mary








No comments:

Post a Comment