Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary my love

Today is my anniversary. I have been married to my wonderful husband for ten years, all of which have been fantastic! Our civil ceremony was held in the home of our wonderful friends in Houston on January 30, 2000. That’ll always be a special day for us because it truly is the day we tied the knot so to speak and it was Super Bowl Sunday after all. May 13, 2000 is the day that I wore my wedding dress and walked down the aisle to promise that I will be with my husband for the rest of time.

We got married in Fajardo, Puerto Rico at the El Conquistador Resort. Our wedding vows were made atop a 300 foot cliff that overlooked the water. The weather was absolutely fantastic, most of our friends and family were there; it truly was a magical day. I remember my brother walking me down the aisle when I looked to my right to see a beautiful sailboat in the water and a few clouds in the sky. I thought to myself that was a good sign; our life would be smooth sailing and beautiful together.

I can’t say that we haven’t had our fair share of trials together but I can say for the most part it has been smooth sailing and beautiful. I can also say I couldn’t imagine a better partner to have during all those tough times. It has made us stronger and more committed to each other. I love my husband today more than ever. Each new day brings new adventures together that I am excited to take with him.

The idea of getting married on an island was inspired by the following words that I told my husband “if I had it my way, everyone at our wedding would be tanned, tipsy and happy. What better place to achieve that than an island wedding.”

Our wedding song is Edwin McCain’s “I’ll Be” to which we danced the “money move” to. The “money move” is where my husband holds me really close and tips me backwards; the money move has certainly been an inspiration to our marriage.

I’d like to dedicate this post to my husband who I find to be the handsomest, most breath-taking man. So Louis Peter Salfi III the following words from our wedding song are dedicated to you:

“The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth

And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
And you're my survival, you're my living proof
My love is alive, and not dead

And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I`ll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And I dropped out, I burned up, I fought my way back from the dead,
I tuned in, I turned on, remembered the thing that you said.

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

The greatest fan of your life”

With all my love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment