Monday, May 24, 2010

Enough already!

I just got back from a drumming circle hosted by my teacher and friend Jan Katayama. I love drumming circles because they are a fantastic meditation. There’s something about that beat of the drum which allows you an awesome meditation when you connect with it. If you’ve never experienced a drumming circle I would highly suggest it. I know Jan has them in the Denver area all the time; you can look up the schedule on her website at www.jankatayama.com.

I decided to write a post tonight on a subject that I’ve been thinking about for a while now. I have been thinking about the Law of Attraction and what to use it for. The Law of Attraction says that if you think about something, feel it with you being and believe it will come to you then it must come. So the other day I was thinking well when do we stop trying to manifest something else and just be content with what we have right now. If we’re constantly searching for the next thing to come to be happy then we’re never happy because we’re always waiting.

Then I started to realize the thought behind “just be present and be happy.” There’s always something that we can strive to achieve but on some level that does take away from the moment we are living right now. I feel great that the Law of Attraction is out there for me to take advantage of when I want to manifest something in my life. At this moment in time though I am content being where I’m at because there’s nowhere else I’d rather be. I love life! I love living, I love my husband, I love my boys, I love my family, I love my friends, I love my dogs, I love my car, I love my house and the list could go on and on for days. I truly love everything that is going on right now and it’s a choice that I’m making to be 100% in the moment at all times. I can’t deny that I wouldn’t love another child and total financial security but I’m saying that before I go to bed I am in a state of gratitude for all that is right now.

My son got invited to a birthday party the other day and the mom had on the invitation “please no presents, enough already!” Isn’t that fantastic? Enough already; we have everything we may need and then some so enough already.

I was doing a reading for someone this afternoon when we were talking about being grateful for all that is. I was telling this person that we have a choice in how to take something on that comes our way. If I wanted to right now I could find 10 things to complain about but I could also find 10 things to be grateful for so then why not make the choice of being grateful, content, happy and present.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post. You may leave a comment below, email me to mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook by becoming a fan of marysalfi.com

Totally grateful!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a good friend the other day and he mentioned something I loved.. the really great teachers don't talk about "manifesting" and "law of attraction". Mother Teresa didn't mention it.. Dalai Lama doesn't seem too concerned. The values of being present and love and joy and compassion are all we need.. Enough already INDEED! Except love and joy.. never enough of that ;) I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! Can't ever have enough love and joy :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Mary. You know I'm into manifesting and the Law of Attraction - but you make a great point about enjoying what you have each day, because what you have is exactly what you've manifested and attracted. So enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Casey. It really is about enjoying what is here right now. It doesn't mean that we don't dream but enjoying the moment is huge.

    ReplyDelete