Monday, March 15, 2010

Do I really want to hear that?

In his book, The Message from Water, Dr. Masaru Emoto asks the question “what is the difference in the information that each type of water holds?” Through freezing he was able to take pictures of the water crystals and see what shape they were making.

Dr. Emoto took pictures of water crystals from all around the world. The pictures are fascinating to see. We would expect every crystal to look like a beautiful snowflake but truly that is not the case. The form or lack-of the crystal depended on how clean the water was or whether it had chlorine in it and so on. As an example, the water crystals from the “St. Lourdes’ Fountain” in France were amazingly beautiful. St. Lourdes is said to be a fountain of miracles. You can also see the progression of beautiful crystals to distorted ones as the Shinano River moved from its source but gradually got contaminated as it approached urban areas.

What I found fascinating was the part where he subjected the water to certain words and phrases. For example, the words "soul", "angel" and "beautiful" formed a beautiful crystal as did the phrases “thank you” and “let’s do it”. On the other hand the words “demon”, “dirty” and the phrases “you make me sick, I will kill you” and “do it” did not form crystals at all instead the images were totally distorted and dispersed.

Dr. Emoto and his team also exposed water to different music. You can see that music such as Beethoven and Bach formed amazing crystals whereas heavy metal did not allow a crystal to form. Chopin’s farewell song formed many smaller crystals that were all separated from one another. I just think this stuff is amazing!

I teach a seven month program called Spiritual U and I bring this book to one of the classes to show these pictures. I really want my students to understand that what we expose ourselves to is really important. Just like the distilled water in the jar is responding to words and music, the water in our bodies is doing the same. We are approximately 70% water and every water crystal is responding to words, music, phrases, food, drink and energy that it is exposed to.

Trust me I used to love AC/DC too and I could sing “Hells Bells” in its entirety. The following are the first few lines of the song:

“I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young but you're gonna die
I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, satan get ya”

Really? That’s what I’m going to expose myself to? I don’t think so. I’ll bet even reading these lyrics makes your stomach cringe.

On the other hand let’s read the words to St. Francis’ prayer:

“Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.”

Enough said? I think so.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post. You may leave a comment below, email me to mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook by becoming a fan of marysalfi.com

If you’d like to receive information on upcoming classes and events please sign up for my newsletter at www.marysalfi.com

Cecilia, Deva Premal and Diane Arkenstone are the CDs in my car.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment