Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Weekly Intentions

My friend and I have been sending each other an intention for the week since the beginning of the year. Every Monday morning I send her a text with my intention for the week and I get hers. I didn’t realize how amazing of a ritual that was going to be.

Intention ideas 

Our intention may be something along the lines of “My intention for the week is self care” or “This week I am going to set my boundaries better” or “I am going to eat super clean this week with no sugar consumption at all” or “I am going to meditate every day” and so on. Those were texts I have actually sent.

Now that we are 3 months into the year, I find myself thinking about my intention on Sunday afternoon. It has become something I look forward to doing for myself. Sharing it with a friend gives it that extra commitment level. I have to say it has worked! 

Operating outside of my body

My kids and I were in Florida last week for Spring break. My husband couldn’t come with us because he had to work. That’s an overrated activity if I had to say anything about it :) 

Anyway, although I traveled with my friend and her family and they were super helpful with my kids, I was still ON all the time. I was so overstimulated by the time we got home. I sent her my intention on Sunday night and it read, “My intention for this week is to meditate twice a day. I’m so overstimulated, I feel like I’m operating outside of my body.”

I have meditated every day so far and I feel like I’m settled so much better now. I am so much calmer with my kids and family. 

Balance is key

As a mother of three children, I feel like I am constantly outputting. My husband has a very demanding job that requires him to travel or work long hours while he is at home. The majority of the home life falls on my shoulders.  I find that the weekly intention has forced me to shift my focus on what's important or necessary for me to do to achieve a balanced feeling. 

We tend to forget what's important for us to maintain sanity. We are constantly running from one activity to another especially if we have kids. Life has become so hectic that slowing down and figuring out what's important to us is extremely necessary.

I would love to hear from you! You may leave a comment below, or on my Facebook page marysalfi.com or email me to mary@marysalfi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment