Friday, June 12, 2009

Forgiving .. Bring it on!

So many of you commented to me individually about how the previous blog about forgiveness impacted you. I have to agree; forgiveness is huge! Remember it doesn’t mean that you forget or condone the act when you forgive. All you do when you forgive is relieve yourself of negative emotion.

A wonderful book to read about how forgiveness among other things cured one woman of cancer is “You Can Heal Your Life” by Louise L. Hay. It’s a very inspiring book and must read for everyone. It talks about the power of positive thinking and how it can cure any ailment in your body.

Be gentle to yourself when you are doing your forgiveness exercises. It may take more than once and more than one method to achieve the ultimate goal of truly forgiving. You may not be in the space of completely forgiving the person but attempting to will reveal the emotion you need to clear and then you can try again. It can be a process and remember that you are human at the end of the day.

When a certain emotion comes up for you take a moment to understand it. Why is it that you feel anger, sadness or frustration as an example? Sometimes the key to shifting your feelings is to understand which cord this act struck in you.


Also, take a moment to think where the person who hurt you is coming from. As an example, I felt judged by one of my friends. However, when I looked at it I realized that her judgment came because she passionately believed something that was not of my belief system. Then I thought “I can understand where she’s coming from”. Although it still hurt to be judged at least now I understood it which is when I was able to release it.

Any hurt that comes your way from someone is due to a limitation of some sort. It might be their limitation or at times yours. Understand what that limitation is, take the higher road, release that person and wish them well. You will feel much better.


I will be posting blogs about twice a week. I encourage you to leave a comment or to email me at mary@marysalfi.com with your comments; I’d love to hear what you think.

Namaste,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment