Monday, October 5, 2009

Stop Complaining and Explaining!

Have I mentioned that I love Wayne Dyer? I am reading his book "Excuses Begone!" and I read this phrase a few nights ago: stop complaining and explaining. I have been contemplating it since.

Often we feel the need to be right or to be heard or to be justified. This sentence puts an end to all that. There's no need to justify your actions to anyone. You are accountable only to yourself. If you can look at your actions and be ok with them then I say "enough said".

Another fantastic Wayne Dyer phrase is "what you think of me is none of my business". That is so true. We all have our thoughts or our truths and we are all right in our world. Therefore, for anyone to judge another is something that is impossible. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Using my set of truths on another is a recipe for disaster.

We all want to be accepted and loved which is fine. It's just not ok to alter who we are for that purpose. Again I go back to the questions of who are you? What do you love to do? What do you want to accomplish in your life? What are your goals? These are questions that are a must in our quest for happiness. Living our lives to please others oftentimes leads us to disappointment because we are being measured by someone else's scale and we're never going to live up to someone else's truth. You can only live up to your truth.

When we're disappointed we feel the need to complain which leads to explaining because we want to be heard or justified. At times, the best thing to do is to shift our focus from the negative to the positive. Once we open ourselves up to seeing the good in our lives then it flows to us with abundance. Wayne Dyer also talks about choosing the kind of Universe you want to live in. Do you want to live in a hostile universe or a friendly one? It really is up to you. If you choose the friendly one then everyone and everything is on your side. Nothing else can be a part of your reality because your choice blocks anything else.

I found this sentence to be very profound and I started using it immediately. It really is up to you to change the course of your life at any juncture. You're never too old and it's never too late. Just make the decision to stop complaining and explaining and start doing. Any excuse that may be a part of your reality right now can be eliminated with a choice.

What is your choice? Are you going to complain and explain or are you going to get up and do?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please share them with a comment below, by emailing mary@marysalfi.com or find me on Facebook.

Also, I have a new Spiritual U class coming up in January. You do not have to live in Denver to sign up for the class. For more information visit http://www.marysalfi.com/Spiritual_U.html

Just doing,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment