Thursday, January 28, 2016

To meditate or to meditate ... incorporating it into daily life

I have started this year off on the right foot! I have been meditating on a daily basis for the past few months actually. It started back in August when my daughter turned four. Magic happens when kids turn four. They no longer are a total walking catastrophe waiting to happen and parents tend to relax a little.

Why so complicated?

The benefits of meditating have always been forefront in my mind but I wasn't able to carve out the time for a proper meditation on a daily basis. I decided to lighten it up and meditate when I can and on the go at times. I started to turn the radio off in my car, or I would fold laundry in silence rather than talking on the phone and so on. I listen to Deva Premal's song "Gate, Gate" at least one time a day when I'm sitting in the lotus position or laying on my bed. That song seeps deep into my soul!

As synchronicity would have it, I ended up in a float tank for an hour. That was an amazing experience. Laying in a bath of epsom salts, allows your body to go into a deep, deep relaxation and clarity of what's coming next for you is possibly. If you have the opportunity to treat yourself to an hour float, I highly recommend it.

What Would Wayne Do?

Ever since Dr. Wayne Dyer passed away, I have been trying to be more mindful in everything I do. I came up with WWWD (What Would Wayne do?) for every uncomfortable situation I find myself in. I have chosen to be kind than right over many a situation. I find that meditating on a constant basis allows me the compassion and grace to react to situations in that way.

I am constantly striving to learn more so I'm going to learn about Transcendental Meditation in a few weeks and then off to the Chopra Center for an entire mediation weekend. I can hardly wait!

In the light of learning more, please share with me your daily meditation experience and what it has done for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment